pool

pool

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patty's Day! (And a little good news!)

My sweet little Irish Boy has been celebrating St. Patrick's Day for 3 days now. (We had to fit in all the cute outfits-right?!)

Here's a recap:

Tuesday: Squeezing in some extra kisses!

Wednesday: Just hangin out like Snoopy. :)

Thursday: Posing with this silly headband from my crazy Mom!


The "luck of the Irish" must have been upon us when we were blessed with sweet Owen! :)

Just FYI: Owen's name is actually Irish (no-we didn't know!) Owen was named after my sweet, wonderful grandpa, Owen Lawson. (He bears his Daddy's name for his middle name.) However, Michael does have some Irish heritage (if Daugherty didn't give it away for you. :)) One of Michael's family members who studies their genealogy actually owns the deed to the first Owen Daugherty's house that come over from Ireland. Pretty cool, huh?!

Oh, and the little BIG good news we got this week: Owen's labs have much, much improved! I mentioned in my last post that Owen had been having some "yucky" labs. That is his BUN (a number controlled by your kidneys) has been very high. Owen's BUN will never be "normal" until he has a functioning kidney. BUT, they like to keep it as low as possible with dialysis. Well, after a little extra dialysis and some fervent prayer...Owen's BUN is much lower! Yay! His last two labs Owen's BUN was 96 and then 108. Yesterday's BUN.....48!! Woohooo! He's feeling so much better, too!

We're off to enjoy the sunshine on this beautiful day...hope you're sporting your green today-which by the way is the ribbon color to support kidney disease!

1 comment:

  1. When I read your post I am just in awe of your FAITH and your good humor.. Owen is blessed to have such wonderful,faithful parents who shower him with lOVE.. Gosh!! You got me crying... I love you so much and that little Irish man just melts my heart.. Thank you God for this precious family :)

    MOM

    ReplyDelete