pool

pool

Monday, March 28, 2011

Blessings

I was encouraged by my mother and a dear friend to listen to the song Blessings by Laura Story.

The lyrics of her song challenge me to daily see my blessings as I wait for the Lord's healing for Owen. We are in a valley, but that does not mean God's hand is out of reach. It's almost been a year since we found out there were complications with  my pregnancy. In that year I have seen God's hand work in mighty, mighty ways. Wether it be the tight bond I have with my husband who has encouraged me and caught every tear falling from my eyes, or from the friends that have prayed for the first time in their lives because of Owen's story, or for the new lease I have on life and the deep friendship I have strengthed with my God. He's blessing me. He's blessing Owen. It's all a matter of how you view "blessing". Could Owen's blessing be not being healed by a miracle? Our strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord. 

I encourage you to read the lyrics before listening to her sweet song:

We pray for blessings
We pray for peace
Comfort for family, protection while we sleep
We pray for healing, for prosperity
We pray for Your mighty hand to ease our suffering
All the while, You hear each spoken need
Yet love is way too much to give us lesser things

‘Cause what if your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

We pray for wisdom
Your voice to hear
We cry in anger when we cannot feel You near
We doubt your goodness, we doubt your love
As if every promise from Your Word is not enough
All the while, You hear each desperate plea
And long that we'd have faith to believe

When friends betray us
When darkness seems to win
We know that pain reminds this heart
That this is not our home

What if my greatest disappointments
Or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can't satisfy
What if trials of this life
The rain, the storms, the hardest nights
Are your mercies in disguise

I don't know what God has in store for my family. But I know He desires to bless me. Maybe not the way I would envision a blessing. But, if I only had a small taste of Heaven, and could catch a glimpse of His plan-wouldn't I want HIS choices to be mine?

I pray that I as walk this valley, and endure this trial, that my suffering will be pleasing to God. I pray that I am follwing and seeking God's will not only for me, but for my son's life. I can't explain how much my heart longs to see him healed and made whole by the healing hand of God. My God is SO much greater than this. But, could this be my blessing?

My devotional had a great challenge: "Not simply to endure God's will, or to choose God's will, but to rejoice in it."

Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy,  for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls. 1 Peter 1:8-9

Enjoy your blessings today, and look for those you've been waiting for, they may come in disguise!

1 comment:

  1. I am Blessed,so glad to be a part of this journey with you. I have learned so much and have gained so much at times I think I am about to explode. You (Tyler) are a gift from God. God knew who would love this baby as you do and who would take care of him as you do.. Your story will go on and on.. Praise God...

    Love you so much.

    MOM

    ReplyDelete