pool

pool

Monday, February 7, 2011

HAPPY (half) BIRTHDAY!

Owen is half a year old. How did this happen? Where did my tiny, little baby go? Time is flying by. Everyday with Owen is a new adventure and he is learning and growing so fast! Too fast for Mommy.

Owen is doing so great. He is doing more than doctors ever said he would. (Several of them doubted his ability to live). My baby is living proof of a loving, faithful God who still moves mountains! Praise God that He is the same yesterday, today and forever!

So Owen had his 6 months pictures taken this morning by his favorite photographer. (Mommy, of course!)

The plan was for him to wear a sweet little outfit his Daddy wore as baby. Well, Owen is big, really big. And it didn't fit. BUT we still took the pictures. However it wasn't snapped at the bottom or buttoned it the back!

He probably thinks I'm crazy for taking all these pictures, but he always takes it with a smile!

It's possible Owen has begun teething. Everything goes straight to his mouth! And my always happy boy has been a tad fussy in the mornings and night time.

6 month Stats:

Weight: 16.8 lbs ( That's about 6 pounds shy of our transplant weight goal!)

Length: ~25 in (we go for our check up at the end of the month so I'll know more then!)

Sleep: YES! Owen sleeps a lot, partially due the kidney failure. He sleeps generally 10-12 hours a night and takes 2 to 3 naps during the day. Most naps are about an hour or so. But his afternoon nap is usually 2 hours.

Development: Owen has come a long, long way! We are now seeing both OT and PT for help building muscles. His head control is great, he is intentionally reaching for toys and babbling away! He has no interest in rolling. However, he really, really wants to sit up! Our PT said he will likely sit up first, and then roll. He can sit on his own, but leans forward really far and if the slightest winds catches him...he's down for the count. :) Our therapists have said that although Owen is a bit behind developing physically, that cognitively he seems to be right on track. A smart boy, just like his Daddy!


Sweet Owen has endured more in his 6 months of life that many of you, or I will endure in our entire lifetime. And yet, he greets every new day with a smile. Wow, I have a lot to learn from this angel. He is such a happy, content boy. And although he is growing up way too fast, he will always be my baby. The love of a mother is like no other. I just get lost in his blue eyes and captivated by his sweet grin. God has blessed me more than I could ever imagine by letting me take care of His precious child.

I pray that I greet each day with a smile and heart to worship and adore my Savior. He has been so good to me and I will forever praise Him for the gift of life!

Thank you Jesus, for this precious, perfect baby boy!

1 comment: