pool

pool

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

This is Really Happening

Owen had his last nephrology clinic visit at Cincinnati Children's this morning. We were forced to say goodbye to the most compassionate, caring, loving doctor that has cared for Owen.

Our beloved Dr. Donna has been by our side since Owen's birth. She has been a constant source of strength and hope, even during our darkest times. She loves Owen dearly and I am so, so very grateful that God placed us in her care. I cannot tell you the countless emails she has answered from me and the advice she freely gives on anything and everything. She has not only cared for Owen, but our entire family as well. She has become a dear friend to me and I will deeply miss our clinic visits and our talks about life.

Aside from leaving our family, moving Owen's care to Tampa is utterly gut wrenching for me. Going through our journey, I have come to love, know and trust so many of the nurses and doctors up here and this change is a hard one to swallow. While I know that we will be in good hands in Tampa, there is simply not another Dr. Donna that we can call our own.

So yes, it's really happening. We're really moving and my heart is really starting to break. I am confident that God is directing our path, but boy...this one is tough.

Thank you, Dr. Donna for loving us and being so over the top amazing! You have truly made a difficult journey just a little bit easier and my heart is deeply grateful for you and all you have done for our family. You will truly be missed!




1 Corinthians 1:4
"I thank my God always concerning you, for the grace of God which was given you in Christ Jesus"

No comments:

Post a Comment