pool

pool

Monday, July 30, 2012

Time's Up!

Time's up...for our family of 3, that is! In just two days (one and a half actually) we will open our arms to our newest addition, Baby Abel!

Apparently Abel is enjoying his space in my womb, as I have only been 1.5cm dilated for about 3 weeks now. I will head in to the doctor one last time tomorrow in preparation for his delivery on Wednesday. My doctor will do a series of checks and measurements and use a special formula scale to decide whether or not I would be favorable for natural labor on Wednesday. Should she find me favorable, I will go in Wednesday morning and she will break my water and we will see how things go! Because I am a previous (complicated) c-section the only intervention allowed is breaking my water, so my body must labor on its own, no pitocin allowed! If she should decide that a c-section is the safest route, then we are already scheduled for 1:30 Wednesday afternoon. :)

Mommy and Abel at (almost) 39 weeks.
 My doctor is guessing Abel will be around 8.5 lbs. I'm hoping for a big boy...I'd like a nice excuse for my belly that literally feels like it's growing by the minute! Who knows, Owen's last ultrasound measured him at 4lbs 4oz and a week later he was born at 6lbs! We are just so excited to hold this sweet boy in our arms, and are in awe that the Lord would choose us to raise another one of His precious children here on earth.

I have fully cleaned, sanitized and re-organized our entire house. To say that I'm nesting is putting it lightly. Michael probably thinks I'm going insane, and "nesting" is just my normal state of OCD cleanliness. :) Dogs are bathed and shaved (though not pretty...I'm still working on my doggie beautician skills!), dog bedding is washed and cleaned, bathrooms are cleaned (including hand scrubbed trashcans!), floors have been cleaned multiple times because I felt like I could see streaks, all closets are re-organized with hangers and shirts all facing the same direction, cars are washed, cleaned and vacuumed, very detailed notes and instructions are written for our wonderful family and friends coming to help with Owen....and I had my "I'm Having a Baby" pedicure! :)


Owen made a special trip to the Disney Store last week to get his "I'm Going to be a Big Brother" present. :)

For those that aren't huge Mickey Mouse Clubhouse fans, Owen is holding Pete. Not the nicest character, quite "gruff and tough" but he is Owen's absolute favorite! When he saw Pete in the box, his whole face just lit up!

Owen has been re-name "Hurricane Owen" by his Daddy. In the last few weeks he has become quite destructive, and (didn't think it was possible...) even busier! Naps have been "touch and go" for us since transplant. However, the majority of the time I could get Owen to nap on a daily basis. Keep in mind, before transplant I could set a watch to the time when Owen would want his nap and boy, were they good naps! Well, out of the past two weeks I believe Owen has napped twice. We still have a daily quiet time in which he stays in his crib for an hour or so. He actually does really well with this. I love listening to him talk and sing while he's in his bed. :) However, this Mama is feeling very pregnant and most definitely would have enjoyed a few more naps here and there. It's okay, I suppose I should be grateful for how well he is feeling and how quickly he is growing and developing!



Owen practicing holding "baby" and being a good big brother!

Did I mention the kid is busy?! One of his new favorite activities is opening the refrigerator door and "rearranging" everything in there. :)


Please keep our family in your prayers Wednesday, and be in prayer for wisdom for my doctor in deciding the best way to proceed with bringing Abel into this world. Thank you again, for your prayers for Owen. We are continually blessed by the outpouring of love and prayers we receive for our sweet boy. It is only by the grace of God that he is doing so well and is continuing to stay healthy and growing! We are grateful for each and every one of you, and pray that Owen's story will continue to touch the lives of those who hear it.


No comments:

Post a Comment