pool

pool

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

And one more makes four....

Owen has a small announcement he's been holding on to for a while....




That's right, it is with joyful hearts that we are happy to announce our family is growing by one more!    Introducing:
Abel James Daugherty
Due: August 8th
Sons are a heritage from the Lord; children are a blessing from Him.
 Psalm 127:3
                                              Sweet Boy sucking his thumb at 14 weeks :)

Mommy at 14 weeks

We are so grateful the Lord has seen fit to add yet another miracle to our family. We have had a few ultrasounds with our high risk doctors from my pregnancy with Owen and everything is looking absolutely perfect. :) We went in today to get a good look at the kidneys since Abel is now making urine and making all his own amniotic fluid and I'm happy to report there was like a little bit (normal amount) in his tiny, developing kidneys! They were able to measure all necessary organs for what is usually scheduled at the 20 week ultrasound, and everything is right on track, heart, brain, kidneys, bladder-you name it! :) My doctor said there wasn't really a need for me to see him again, but just to please me he's doing one more ultrasound in 10 weeks. :) 


                                          Sweet little profile shots at today's visit- 17 weeks :)


                                                             Mommy at 17 weeks :)


We are so thankful and excited to share the news with family and friends. For those that know us well, you know that it is our hearts' desire to multiply our family and have a whole quiver full! We are so excited to be welcoming another sweet boy, and Owen's new best friend. :) Please be in prayer that this pregnancy will continue to go as smoothly as it has started, and that our hearts will rest in the Lord's promises as we often find it difficult to enjoy this miracle of life forming inside me, as the hurt and pain experienced with Owen's development is still so raw.

For you created my inmost being;  you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139:13-16

For those needing a check up on big brother...he's doing great! He seems to be healing well from surgery and is certainly enjoying being tape free! He is still quite sore, and picking him up and holding him are quite difficult. But we sure have been enjoying the gorgeous weather and taking lots of walks! I think his blond hair may have even lightened up a bit in all this sunshine! :)





1 comment:

  1. YAY! :) So excited for you all! Glad all is going well and will be praying for mama and BOTH her boys! Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete