pool

pool

Friday, April 22, 2011

Here comes Peter Cottontail...

Well, Owen isn't going to make it out to have his Photo OP with the Easter Bunny this year. (Call me crazy, but the thought of sitting him on that stuffed animal with the millions of germs soaked in there gives me huge lump in my throat!)

SO...we had our own little photo shoot at home! :) And I must say, out of all the crazy holiday pictures I've taken of him, and silly headbands I've made him wear-these by far turned out the best! ":)

So we started out sitting up, but for some reason he was just too excited and happy and he kept knocking himself off balance!

So we moved to our favorite blanket...

You can't get Easter pictures like this at the mall! :)

He kept laughing at his eggs!

So, all in all, a good photo shoot with "professional Mommy" haha. Sweet Owen is such a trooper and *usually* cooperates with my crazy camera obsession.

Owen is still doing great with dialysis and is tolerating the increase of catheterizations on a daily basis. We are cathing morning, lunch and bedtime now. We are also doing two rounds of the "bladder flush" with the antibiotic through the catheter. He had some cloudy urine earlier this week and unfortunately has a UTI. (He is of course, more prone to these with being cathed daily) The poor guy is also suffering from a nasty cold that Pops, Marlee, Uncle Will, Mommy and Daddy all shared. Sadly, we shared it with Owen, too. He's on the mend, but this pesky cough is driving him crazy!

The transplant team has called and confirmed that our surgeons would like to test other donors for Owen. Although it's not a "total rule out" they feel it's possible to find a kidney more suited for Owen's size now. However, in the future, when Owen is bigger should he need a new kidney (we've been told he will likely need another one in 20 years or so), then Michael could be considered then. However, we've also been told  by other "kidney families" that it's possible with 2 arteries, so we will continue to pray for wisdom and guidance for our surgeons. But, my selfless, gracious Mother (who happens to be Owen's blood type) is going to begin the workup for transplant. This will start with blood draws for both Owen and my Mom. Please continue to pray God will guide our steps and reveal the best donor for Owen.

We will be enjoying our Easter weekend with family, and praising our Savior for His sacrifice. I have to say, in years past I have never really thought about Good Friday and Easter and honored them as I should. It's always been a holiday celebrated in my house and we observed Jesus' death and resurrection. But, this year it's different. I woke up today and immediately my thoughts were on the cross. Thinking, that today is the day that Jesus died for me. And I began to think of the pain God must have felt not only watching His Son suffer a horrible death, but also knowing before hand it would happen. I have often thought about the pain our Father felt watching Jesus suffer, as I would watch my own son suffer through surgeries and procedures. And how my heart would ache to help my baby boy. The Lord has shown me true, undying love and has brought me to my knees in reverence of the Cross. So this year, it's with a grateful heart I'm praising God for His will. I don't understand it, but I'm certain it's far better than mine. I will lift my hands to a God who hears the cries of His people, and answers them, when the time is right.

The video above is 6 mins long. But worth every second. Worthy is the Lamb is one of my absolute favorite worship songs. (Caution: the video is scenes from The Passion and are quite graphic, but can only help us truly see the suffering Jesus endured for us.) I can remember the tears flowing down my face the first time I heard it. HE is worthy of our praise and adoration, not only Easter weekend, but everyday. Thank you, Lord for opening my eyes to this blessing of suffering you have chosen for me.

Have a wonderful Easter, and thank you, thank you for praying for my sweet boy. Through Owen, I am reminded daily of how great our God is!


4 comments:

  1. Those are the sweetest pictures ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! I am overwhelmed by YOU!!! Thank you God for my daughter who daily seeks you.. Please God I pray for healing for Owen..


    I love you so much.

    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pray in the sweet name of Jesus that Owen will have a long life filled with wonder and joy, and
    always love and honor Jesus Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ricky and Cyndie WhitelyApril 24, 2011 at 1:55 AM

    Our prayers are for you Owen, you are a beautiful child! Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete