pool

pool

Monday, January 17, 2011

Warning: Your cheeks will hurt after watching this!

About a month ago Owen started laughing. Literally the sweetest sound I have ever heard! I can't tell you how many times I've cried listening to this sweet boy be so happy! It's so nice to see him happy and enjoying life. He is after all, a miracle! Once Michael and I heard that sweet laugh we would do just about anything to hear it! From singing silly songs, making faces, funny noises, tickling-you name it, we tried it! I think he secretly like making us look so silly!

Here is the first video we made of Owen and his sweet laugh!





THEN....Owen discovered the belly laugh. Oh, there is just nothing like hearing a happy baby! Since Owen is a bit developmentally behind (partially from being in the hospital for 3 months and partially from the kidney failure) he had not built enough muscle to "stand" as other babies do at his age. His muscle tone is very weak, but we just started physical therapy and I think it's working! Right before bath time I was playing with him and just stood him up to see what he would do. Well, did I get the biggest surprise...a huge, sweet, giggly, laugh! He was just so proud of himself! :) So then we started bouncing...and I'll just let you watch the reaction. :)


I told you your cheeks would hurt...all that smiling! :)

Thank you for all your prayers for Owen. It's so nice to see him so happy and developing so well. It's hard to believe that just a few months ago my heart was aching and I was in so much pain, hurting for the life growing inside me. Many, many times I cried out to God, weeping and begging for His faithfulness to be poured over Owen. It is with great joy that I can see His faithfulness each day in the eyes of my precious son. I have come to understand that God ordained and planned my suffering. He wanted to bless me. My eyes have been opened to His Glory and his name will forever be on my lips as I fall to my knees each day to thank Him for His faithfulness and love.

Psalm 27:14
Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the LORD!

2 comments:

  1. Love those laughs! It is contagious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just amazing to see how well Owen has developed and the strength The Lord has given you. Tyler it is so nice to see you smile and laugh again... I love you.

    MOM

    ReplyDelete